Reporting to: Head of Finance
Location: Hybrid Office Policy with 2 core days per week at Lottie’s London HQ
Salary: c.£30-35k depending on experience
Lottie is on a mission to elevate later life. Everyone in society is going to grow old, yet today’s global later living industry remains broken for consumers, highly negative and unsustainable in the near future without new innovation and investment. Lottie has been created to challenge the status quo and to change the stigma around later life. In doing so, Lottie is equipping elderly people and their family members with the tools to make informed decisions and to access high-quality care at affordable prices, while also delivering the wider industry new innovative products to increase operational efficiencies and to deliver better health outcomes for our elderly generation.
Today, Lottie is a digital marketplace that helps individuals find their ideal living solution in later life. The free service helps families and elderly people connect with thousands of the UK’s best care homes and retirement living communities. Since launching in August 2021, Lottie has grown from London to be England-wide and is now one of the UK’s most visited websites in the social care industry. To date, Lottie has supported tens of thousands of families navigate the stressful care system and helped hundreds of elderly people begin their next chapter in their dream Lottie care home or retirement living property.
Following early success, Lottie’s has now developed a group of software products including a CRM and Occupancy tool for care homes. We help busy care professionals capture and convert more leads and deliver exceptional customer service to residents.
We are looking for an exceptional Finance Assistant who is keen to get stuck into a wide range of finance topics, helping to manage the day-to-day accounting processes at Lottie.
- Own the end-to-end accounts payable and accounts receivable processes with high accuracy
- Perform daily bank reconciliation
- Maintain excellent oversight of the credit control process
- Support an efficient month end close, ensuring timely management reporting
- Proactively improve and introduce controls, processes or system improvements in line with company growth
- Support on ad-hoc finance projects and tasks
- At least 2-3 years previous experience working in a similar role (experience in a start-up is a plus!)
- Part qualified, or interest in becoming qualified
- Great analytical skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast paced, changing environment, we’re a fast growing company so you need to be able to adapt and prioritise
- Experience using Xero and Dext is a plus
What's in it for you?
- Remote working 3 days a week, London office based 2 days a week
- The company has a generous EMI share scheme that all team members will participate in ensuring that everyone within the company owns part of the company and together we can work hard behind our mission to protect and support the elderly community.
- High degree of autonomy in a role that has potential to grow as the company grows.
- Frequent company socials with quarterly team events
- 25 days’ holiday per annum plus bank holidays
- 3% pension