Reporting to: James Payne (Head of Product & Tech)
Location: Hybrid Office Policy with 2 core days per week at Lottie’s London Bridge HQ
Department: Product & Tech
Salary: ~£50,000-£70,000, depending on experience.
Who we are:
Lottie is on a mission to elevate later life. Everyone in society is going to grow old, yet today’s global later living industry remains broken for consumers, highly negative and unsustainable in the near future without new innovation and investment. Lottie has been created to challenge the status quo and to change the stigma around later life. In doing so, Lottie is equipping elderly people and their family members with the tools to make informed decisions and to access high-quality care at affordable prices, while also delivering the wider industry new innovative products to increase operational efficiencies and to deliver better health outcomes for our elderly generation.
Today, Lottie is as a digital marketplace that helps individuals find their way in later life. The free service helps families and elderly people connect with thousands of the UK’s best care homes and retirement living communities. Since launching in August 2021, Lottie has grown from London to be England-wide and one of the UK’s most visited websites in the social care industry. To date, Lottie has supported tens of thousands of families navigate the stressful care system and helped hundreds of elderly people begin their next chapter in their dream Lottie care home.
Following early success, Lottie’s marketplace is now expanding UK-wide and has its eyes set on international expansion in 2023. In addition to this, Lottie will soon launch several pioneering technology technology products aimed at elevating later life, including a CRM platform, data insights tool and family portal.
Lottie was founded by brother duo, Will and Chris Donnelly, with a mission of elevating later life for everyone. Chris Donnelly previously founded and sold Verb Brands, the UK’s leading luxury digital agency, while Will comes from a background working in the healthcare industry, having previously established himself as one of the UK’s leading M&A advisors in the health and social care sector. Lottie is backed by leading Venture Capital Funds including Accel and Kindred, as well as global tech executives including Tom Blomfield (Founder of Monzo Bank) and Dave Wascha (CTO of Zoopla).
We’re looking for our first designer to join the Lottie team. You’ll be working with the Product and Tech teams, as well as other stakeholders, to design beautiful, easy to use functionality for our customers, our care home partners and our internal teams. As well as giving existing products and systems a design upgrade.
The ideal candidate will own our user experience and design work and be very hands on when reviewing functionality and ensuring consistency. As stated within the requirements, finding a designer who has good experience with development, react and or tailwind css is a huge bonus. Ultimately a candidate who is able to go into the code and move something over 5px rather than creating a ticket would be amazing but we can also help to develop this skill.
We’ve been working with a brilliant design agency until now but given Lottie’s pace of growth and the number of systems and products we’re building, we’ve decided to build an in-house design team. You’ll have the exciting opportunity to be part of building and establishing the design team here at Lottie
What you will be doing:
- Build and maintain a world class component library from scratch and maintain brand guidelines
- Produce designs for new functionality and improvements to existing products and systems. Design scope includes:
- Working on products and systems such as: external website lottie.org, our internal CRM, our portal for external partners, our SaaS and database tool and more!
- Working on social media and marketing content
- Drive a user-centric approach to design and development, use rapid testing and iterative prototyping
- Conduct user testing and share findings with other teams, work with teams to gather feedback and iterate product designs
- Work closely with product and engineering teams to answer any questions or close any issues with the design that arise during development
- QA solutions once built to ensure they reflect the original design
- Maintain brand and design consistency across all parts of the business (marketing materials, PDFs, social media, internal and external websites)
- Minimum of 3 years as a UX designer
- Experience doing user design for web or desktop applications
- Previous experience building or maintaining a component library
- Experience working in Figma or other similar design tools
- You must have a portfolio available for review
- Great collaboration skills, as you’ll be working with different departments, from Product and Tech to Business Development and Marketing
- A desire to work in the care space and make a difference
- Ability to work in a fast paced, changing environment, we’re a fast growing company so you need to be able to adapt and prioritise
- Development capability or knowledge
- Experience with HTML, CSS
- Experience with React and/or TailwindCss
- A highly competitive salary and general EMI share options, so all team members benefit from ownership of Lottie and motivation to deliver on the company’s mission.
- 25 days of annual leave plus the usual bank holidays.
- High degree of autonomy in a role that has potential to grow as the company grows.
- Hybrid flexible working; 2 days a week in our London Bridge office.
- 3% pension contribution.
- Frequent team socials and quarterly company-wide events.
- An opportunity to make a meaningful contribution to people’s lives and society.