Department: Business Development
Reports to: Head of Partner Relations
At Lottie, we cherish our elderly and we’re looking for some incredible grads to help us on our mission to elevate later life!
If that hasn't tempted you, how about the opportunity to work towards an incredibly rewarding mission AND with one of fastest growing HealthTech startups
Now for some important bits...
Who we are: Lottie is a digital marketplace that connects care seekers to the UK’s best care homes and at a fair price. The company is backed by several leading tech founders including Tom Blomfield (Founder of Monzo Bank), Victoria van Lennep (Founder of Lendable), Jacob Haddad (Founder of AccuRx) and Dominic McGregor (Founder of Social Chain).
We recently launched in England’s south-east region with a capped capacity of 250 care homes, ranging from the sector’s leading not-for-profit and private organisations, through to the industry’s best rated and most innovative care providers. Beyond this, Lottie’s marketplace will be rolled out into every care and retirement market throughout the UK. The brand absolutely took off from launch and now has significant expansion plans.
Lottie has been founded by brother duo, Will and Chris Donnelly, with a mission of empowering care seekers and building the later living sector of the future. Will comes from a background working in the healthcare industry, having most recently spent 5-years at CBRE where he established himself as one of the UK's leading social care advisers and Chris Donnelly founded Verb Brands, the UK’s leading luxury digital agency.
The role: The role of Business Operations Graduate is to support the growth and quality of the supply side of Lottie's marketplace. In this role you will be responsible for handling the onboarding process for care homes upon them signing our commercial terms. This will include creating amazing engaging and beautiful profiles, while also ensuring our partners have everything they need to have a successful relationship with Lottie.
- Upload new care partner information into Lottie’s back-end system, ensuring 100% data accuracy
- Create high quality and engaging care home profiles, ensuring a seamless virtual experience for our care seekers
- Manage and maintain care partner profiles on Lottie, utilising data to identify areas of improvement
- Deliver exceptional customer service for all copy and content changes requested by Lottie partners
- Support administration tasks of other departments within Lottie
- Be an ambassador and expert of Lottie’s product and services
- Act as first point of contact for all partner admin enquiries
- Deliver partner service level agreement - always striving to exceed expectations
- Identify new prospects
- Support the sales team with onboarding new national and independent accounts
Ad hoc projects:
- Supporting (and leading) on ad hoc projects within the business, in collaboration with the wider Lottie team
- Remote working 3 days a week, London office based 2 days a week
- The company has a generous EMI share scheme that all team members will participate in ensuring that everyone within the company owns part of the company and together we can work hard behind our mission to protect and support the elderly community.
- High degree of autonomy in a role that has potential to grow as the company grows.
- Frequent company socials with quarterly team events
- 25 days’ holiday per annum plus bank holidays